Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Drive-Thru

Last month I had a really fun experience at Georgia's "Pine Mountain Wild Animal Park". I remember going to safari parks a lot when I was a kid because there's one located only about a 20 minute drive from where my parents live. But it's been decades since I last visited one.




It was a real treat spending the afternoon there. They even have dedicated vans that you can rent for your drive-thru so you don't have to risk your own car.




You just drive through the park on the designated road & enjoy seeing the animals flock to you! 




They certainly are not shy - you can buy animal feed to throw out to them, so they are extremely accustomed to approaching you in the hope of getting a treat or three. Many of them have no problem sticking their heads into your window if there's enough room.




It's a real gem of a place - we only found it because we were doing some online research trying to find local places for day trips. It's kind of tucked away off the beaten track, & not too well signposted until you're almost right there.



We had such a fun time, it was just a drive full of laughs. I tell you, animals really bring out the best in me. I loved the whole experience, but I think my favorites were the pigs - especially the dozens of piglets that were kicking around at that time. I love those little things!  



They also have a separate section that you can walk through, & we were lucky enough to catch one of their latest additions having an afternoon snack - this "little" guy was only a month old!



So be sure to check it out if you're in the area - I guarantee you'll have a lot of laughs.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AH! That animal sticking its head through the window would have scared the snot out of me. I probably would have freaked out and then tried to roll up the window while its head was still in the car! LOL!

Nicky said...

Hehe! It was so funny, & such a fun experience. I'm a vet, so animals appearing out of nowhere didn't scare me, but M's reaction was hilarious! It was the only time I've seen him looking out of control in a situation, & gave me a laugh seeing him frantically closing his window every few minutes!

Michelle said...

That baby giraffe is too cute! We lived by a drive thru park in San Antonio when we were there. My old Jeep had a giant scratch on it from my brother pissing off a water buffalo. They did not have vans for our use there...

Allie said...

Hey I am a new follower. I just read your guest post on J's blog so I thought I'd stop by. Now I am hooked. You have giraffes in your first entry. I looooove giraffes!

Anyway, excited to read your story (:

Hello Jessica Lynn said...

Love the giraffes!!

I have a question for you (and if you don't want to answer thats fine, but I thought it wouldnt hurt to ask since you are a vet)...we have an American Bulldog and we love him to pieces...he is four and a half months old and he is shedding something terrible...I know a lot of short haired dogs do this...is there anything we can do to help prevent his shedding? We just started trying a new kind of shampoo but not sure if that will work or not...it says its supposed to...but I thought you might know the trick. :0)

I am blog hopping today and thought I would stop by your blog.

Please visit either or both of my blogs:

Jessicas Lil Corner is my family blog at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE custom blog designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

Have a blessed day!! :0)

Post a Comment